The Den of Slack

emilymorganti.com

Month: November 2017

New project – the Blackbird Bar roombox

After working nonstop on the Victorianna almost all year I decided to distract myself with a smaller project. In the early 2000’s I had a grand but short-lived plan to enter one of Miniatures.com‘s annual contests with a bar roombox. I bought some furniture and mini bottles but never got around to doing anything with… Keep reading »

More nursery animals

I started cross stitching a rug for the Victorianna’s nursery in July and finally finished it this week. It shouldn’t have taken that long, but I’ve been working on a life-sized cross stitch project and have only been squeezing in a couple of evenings a month on the rug. I adapted this pattern from a… Keep reading »

Upstairs porch trim

With work on the exterior towers (mostly) done, it seems safe to assemble the Victorianna’s second floor porch railing. I was putting it off to prevent knocking into it, plus the porch has made a great platform for holding tower pieces as I’ve been working on them… There were some gaps between the porch floorboards… Keep reading »

Assembling the cupola

With the 1:48 gazebo bashed beyond recognition and the spiral staircase finished, it’s time to assemble the Victorianna’s cupola. The first step was to glue crown molding around the top for the cupola to sit on. I used a scrap of wood as a spacer to ensure the base would be flush with the tops… Keep reading »

Stained glass windows

My first experience using Gallery Glass was in the Oak Shadow roombox, in a Guys from Texas class a million years ago. This was a 1:12, Craftsman style window with a very simple design, and we used silver tape to create the lead lines. I never got around to creating a gallery for this roombox,… Keep reading »

Cupola roof and weathervane

Like the big tower roof that I completed in September, the roof of the Victorianna’s gazebo-turned-cupola is made from a wooden bell that I bought off Etsy. It’s slightly smaller than the octagonal base it’s sitting on, so I had previously added 1:12 crown molding around the edges of the base. That helped, but having… Keep reading »

© 2018 The Den of Slack

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑